Monday, November 10, 2008

Bittersweet

Well the news came bittersweetly yesterday as they announced that our ward was going to be split. Speculations were abounding from every direction. At 2:30 yesterday afternoon in a meeting in Lawrence, we were given the information. Ottawa ward has been split into a new Ottawa ward that included new saints from Baldwin. A new Gardner Ward was created. This includes the saints in Edgerton as well. We all will not meet in the Paola Ward Building.

I'm excited but sad also. I will miss all the good friends I have made. But hey the good news is we are still in the same stake and if we want to do a Gardner/Ottawa wards party we can do it! :) I'm excited for the growth of the church. I'm in awe of how much the church in our area has grown in the 6 years that I have been here. I can't believe all the wonderful people that I have been blessed to know in that time.

When I first moved here I was very sad to leave all my friends back in Texas but everyone here made me feel at home. Thank you all for being my friend. I look forward to getting a chance to get to know more wonderful saints. (Maybe I will be able to keep all the new faces straight!) :)

This is not goodbye, as President Ross said, it is merely so long for now. And I'll see you all next Sunday at Stake Conference! ;)

2 comments:

Leslie said...

hey! Are you going to be home tonight? Can I swing by before my 6pm class?

Mary said...

yep... I have to go to Walmart but I will be home by 4:30 or so.

come on by! ;)