Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Welcome to the world of novel writing....

Welcome to my world. Writing novels are fun even editing is fun but waiting is not so much fun. :) I'm at the reader's stage of the process. I have a couple of copies out being read. McKae came by yesterday to tell me that she is reading it and likes it so far. Yeah! Ask Dan, I'm not very patient when it comes to waiting to hear what everyone thinks about it. I like it but does that mean the rest of the world does. Poor Dan still hasn't finished reading it and I don't think he likes me in the room when he is. I keep saying how far are you? What chapter are you on? Do you like it? I think he gets annoyed. Sorry honey!!

So to occupy my time until I've heard from the "masses" I have been in search of publishers only to find that the really good publishers want you to have an agent. So now I am in the process of finding a couple of different literary agents to help me sell my book. :) Writer's Digest.com is my new best friend. I can't believe how much cool stuff is on that sight for writers. Keep your fingers crossed and say lots of prayers for me my friends! I'm really going to do this!

2 comments:

Leslie said...

I have finished it! It's good, I'll give you my feedback when I see you. Melanie said she would give it back to me today, and then we want Cathy and Tracy to read it if that's okay with you. Be patient! I'm trying to get as many peoples opinion as possible in one week!

Mary said...

Yeah! Thanks so much for your help! Cherise is reading it today. McKae's trying to finish this week. Lindsey is going to read it and Ty is chomping at the bit to read it. :)

So you liked it? Do you think its sellable?