Friday, October 3, 2008

Obsession Update 2008

Ok...so I just thought that title was funny! Could be the lack of sleep?!

Here's the skinny....

The book is coming along. I'm on page 3 of chapter 7. It just flows out when I'm near my computer. (If only I didn't have to work!)

The book has no title yet. So for now it's Untitled Manuscript. I want a good name for it and it just hasn't come to me yet.

The goal is to be completely done writing the first draft by the first of November. Then edit, add, change, delete, and all the other fun stuff that comes with writing to be done by mid December. I would really like to get it out there for publishing by end of January. I think it would be a cool birthday present if I could get someone to consider publishing it by my birthday in February. That would be one sweet birthday!

Oh and Leslie...I really like the name Leslie Hawk. May I steal it? It might make a great character in my book. :) I'll mention you in the dedication page! (Tempting I know!)

I want to be done with editing and stuff before I let a few read it. So hang in there. I'm a perfectionist and this could be a little while. Hopefully I will be able to stay on track with my timeline. I've got a little free time coming up so hopefully that will help me out.

Pray for me please! I really want to do this. :) Thanks to you all for your support!

7 comments:

Dorothy said...

Here is wishing you great success with your goals! You definitely have my prayers! You are great Mary!

Leslie said...

Yes! Yes! and Yes! But you HAVE to mention me in the dedication. Sweet!

Leslie said...

Okay, I can't stand laughing. I have had that name in my head for like years! You are awesome Mary!

Leslie said...

Oh, crap, I meant can't stop laughing. I don't mean to leave a hundred comments, geeze.

Mary said...

that's ok... You are the best! When it is reader ready you are definitely on my list of readers! :)

hang in there Leslie... better days ahead! :)

Kristin said...

Look at you go girl! I get you have obbessions.....already Chapter 7, well you are probably on 11 by the time I post this.....truly amazing! I'm excited for you, having fun while in the process....are you going to translate it into Spanish as well :)

Kristin said...

Okay, I like Leslie need to do a "redo" I meant to say "guess" not get