Monday, August 18, 2008

Ahhhh it feels like fall today

Good morning all! I was awakened early by the sound of Magnum barking. Poor thing has been restless for the last couple of days. I'm not sure what's going on but he wakes up barking. Anyway...after many moments of trying to fall back to sleep. Sleep was achieved well until the alarm went off. Unfortunately, I had only been back to sleep for only 30 minutes.

Ahh..the signs of fall...getting up at the crack of dawn to hurry to the Fortress of Solitude (my classroom) to meditate over the goings on of the day. Well this morning was greeted by 60 degree weather! Oh could it be! Joyous Fall is here! Ok...a little premature I will say but hey a teacher can dream!

I survived the first partial week of school without asking when is the next Snow day or in service day! I figure if I can make it this week without asking, "Is it May yet?" then life is good.

To all the moms out there, I know you are excited for school and all...but could you not be quite so HAPPY about it! Just kidding! Life is good!

I will miss my morning episodes of the Nanny and whatever is on Sci-fi all day. I will miss playing with Magnum and playing on my computer all day. I will miss having lunch when I want to and day trips to Walmart. (If only to look around)
And most of all I will miss just doing what I want when I want! :) But hey someone has got to teach the children and I do like my house!

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Life is NOT FAIR!!! Are you kidding me, 60 degree weather. We are still well above 100!!! I am dying this year. Our anniversary falls in August, so every year we have take a 1-2 week vacation, except this year. I didn't realize how much that little break made the next month and a half bearable! It's going to be a L-O-N-G rest of August & September, heck even into October we'll STILL be in the 90's... grrr! Go AWAY SUN! HAHA! I really do LOVE Arizona, I swear but not having that break is seriously messing with my head.

I'm glad to hear you are surviving school so far, hopefully you'll have great kids this year. I really hope you have one that reminds you of me, lol... now THAT would be a super fun class haha!