Thursday, August 21, 2008

Prayers Needed

I'm sending out an SOS to all my friends today. A dear friend and colleague has been battling cancer for the last 2 years. We almost lost him last night. He came back to work as school began but only made it a couple of days before having to return to the hospital. He was in severe pain. They discovered nodules in his muscles and determined it was cancer. He is on some heavy medication to stop the pain. They started his chemo only to have to stop yesterday. He was moved to ICU due to complications. His Kidneys are shutting down. He had an unhealthy amount of fluid built up in his body that was causing a lot of problems. The last word I received was that they found the cause of the fluid (an infection in his blood) and they have stopped chemo until further notice.

I'm sending this out to the blog world... for prayers for Don and his family. Don and his family have a special place in my heart. Their oldest son Conner just turned 20 this week. I do believe he has put his studies on hold to help his mom. If you could take a moment today and say a prayer for Don and his family that would be awesome. I know that the Lord will hear us. I know that the Lord has a plan and I am praying that He will be there to comfort and direct Don and his family in that direction. Thanks to you all for that!

Things like this make me appreciate the gospel in my life. I know that going through what I did with my own dad made me appreciate having the Lord in my life. I am grateful for eternal families. I wish that everyone could experience that feeling of knowing that we can see each other again. I know without a shadow of a doubt that was the only way I got through that trial in my life. If you ask my mom and brother they would say the same. I am glad to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!

1 comment:

David and Colleen said...

I am so sorry to hear that your friend is going through hell. I will remember him and his family in my prayers :)