Friday, August 29, 2008

The "sweet" smell of pigskin!

Oh it is at last that time of year when I smell the "sweet" smell of pigskin...oh wait that was my class yesterday! Ok...no seriously!

Yes, alas it is football season again. Tonight marks the first night of Dan being gone almost every night of the week and even most Saturdays. The time when I have sole control of the remote and can watch every sappy "chick flick" I own. I can even watch Camp Rock a few hundred times without hearing..."Are you seriously watching that AGAIN?!" I can have time to play with Magnum...maybe. But there is sadness to the being a "football widow". Darn, I have to go get a hamburger or go somewhere to get dinner because I refuse to cook for just me! (Ok...so maybe that part isn't so sad after all!) Subway here I come...I want to try the Jared diet! Date nights are few and far between during football season.

I use to work some football games to get out of the house during the season. But then I wised up...hey why am I leaving the house when I have the tv to myself and can watch what I want. I must be crazy to waste that! So now I don't...I can go to a game if I want to...or just stay home and check out the Friday night movie on the Disney channel. So here's to all the "football widows" who gain control of their remotes if all be it for a season! Happy Football Season!

Umm....yeah...and if anyone wants to go and do something on Friday nights....you just let me know!

No comments: