Thursday, August 14, 2008

If only you could see me today!

Well...it's the first week. It's not a marathon day as yesterday but I'm still wiped out. I don't understand why they want to take school pictures the 3 day of school. I mean seriously...we are all walking around completely exausted, with dark circles under the eyes and pretty much wonder if we are not death warmed over. We all are glad to be here but there is so much to do and so many meetings that it really does wear you out.

The discussion this morning (among some teachers and administrators)was that we think we start school a little to early. Other schools around start later than we do and it has caused some hiccups in the system. Such as students moving in don't know that we have already started school. Some kids taking classes from Johnson County Community College (and the college hasn't started yet!).

I know all the parents are glad but some of us are wishing for a few more days! :) I hope everyone had a great first days of school.

1 comment:

McKae M said...

Well... if you really want to know, I wish we still had a little while left of summer. But that didn't happen. So I guess I will get over it. :) My first day at school was sad to say, pretty good.